miércoles, 22 de agosto de 2012

Times of Shock

The tsunami in Asia

I remember December 2004, when I was 14. I was watching TV, when suddenly breaking news appeared in front of me. They said a strong earthquake shook many Asiatic countries, and caused a tsunami that devastated everything. It was awful, I saw pictures of the houses, the trees, the cars, and also the small and big ships floating and being dragged to the sea. Everything we could see was on water. People, hotels, huge buildings, big trucks. I was really shocked, and kind of touched by the images, seeing destroyed countries and people suffering because of the nature's power made a deep impression on me.



The death of Pope John Paul II

Karol Wojtyla died on April 2005. I remember my father coming from work. He asked me if I had heard the news about the Pope and I said no. After this I turned on the TV and everyone was talking about it, and people couldn't accept it, they where hit by the news, everybody was crying and praying. I wasn't really shocked as other people but I couldn't believe it because I never thought about this character's death, he was the only Pope I knew at that time so I naively thought there would never be anybody in that charge, ever! Then I saw Benedict XVI taking his position.




H1N1 virus

That was 2009 and I was doing my homework at home, when my mom told me the news where saying something about a virus or a flu, nobody knew exactly what it was. So I turned on the TV on the news channel and heard all the information, also they were saying all the schools would be closed but it was too late and I told my mum I wouldn't miss classes. We went to bed and the day after I went to school, and It was closed as the said! :( so I went back home and then they noticed us we were going to be on vacations until further notice. That was really shock news, I was so afraid because of the measures they took, mainly closing every school and declare a state of alert. They said the disease was spreading all over the country. When people began to die, those who didn't believe in H1N1 began to believe, not at all like me but in its moment was shocking.



1 comentario: